While I’m working on fitting my life into a workable rhythm again, here’s another link roundup:
- One of my very favorite poems about relationships. Read it. It’s short and good and awesome and special.
- Emily Nagoski post: “Just because your body responds to a particular idea or sight or story or whatever doesn’t mean mean that you necessarily like it or want it. It just means it activated the relevant pathways. Sometimes guys notice their bodies responding to something even when their brains are like, “Woah. That’s not okay.” And they feel conflicted about that, because on the one hand it’s clearly sexual, but on the other hand… it’s not okay.”
- An old, but wonderful post on how there is no wrong way to have a body.
- Captain Awkward advice on saying no.
- The Skepticon discussion on marriage, relationships, mono/poly, etc.
- A post on mind-blowing conversations: The kind of advice that I WISH PUA forums were about. Because seriously: learning social skills: good. Marrying that education with creepy intentions and rape culture bullshit: bad.
- WikiHow article on understanding someone with chronic pain. Quite good.
- Wonderful quote on BruteReason Tumblr about depression.
- I’m going to make an effort to make my link roundups not overlap too terribly with Miriam’s, in spite of how incredibly tempting that is. But sometimes, exceptions must be made: an analogy for brain chemistry and how describing depression as a result of a “chemical imbalance” is an atrocious oversimplification.